Sunday, July 7, 2013

iPhone Photography is the iFuture of imaging

Sound a little crazy? Yes? In all honesty many Pro's I know consider it a amateurs camera. There's little seriousness placed into the thought of a iPhone replacing a DSLR camera. For the past 6 months I've been strictly using my iPhone 4/4s & recently iPhone 5 for all my shooting (except once or twice where I used a Canon or Leica.) 
Take a look at this low light example here: 
 
I happened to see this on my way home from dinner the other night. I stopped & captured this with my iPhone system. 
Here's a 100% crop:
I gotta say that's pretty dam good. Not only for a tiny image censor but also the detail that's retained in the pixels.

 My iPhoneography has gotten to the point where I've developed a perfect kit for my style of shooting & developing. One thing I suggest is not to "over app" your image to the point where it appears cartoonish unless that's your artistic taste. 

I was recently in NYC. I wanted to capture a sunrise shot from my rooftop. Let's take a look: 
I couldn't believe the level of detail that I was yet again able to pull. The Dynamic Range is incredible. Sharpness? Oh yea it's there. 
How about a stroll around Los Angeles 
Mixed available lighting in DTLA- iPhone 5 
10400 - 104st Watts, CA. South Central. 
iPhone 5 

Let's go back to NYC. Wonderful place to photograph. 

One World Trade Center. Photographed on my iPhone 5 

Times Square - NYC shot on iPhone5 

Here's a image of the Empire State Building I captured with my iPhone 5. 

I'm continually impressed with the iPhone. My kit is evolving & it's a whole new learning approach to Photography. 
Would love to hear your feedback. 
Also don't be lazy connect with me on Facbook, Tumblr, Twitter, & Pheed - @MickMotor 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment