Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Motion Cinema

Santa came to Mick Motor early this year. He delivered a swell Canon 7D.
This is pretty exciting considering the advancements in motion stills & cinema. When I was producing TV while shooting a DVX and editing on FCP in 2005 the cinema adapters were just beginning.
I researched and talked to respected people in the industry which led me to the 7D over the 5D mark II. I'm not going to get all technical on ya, I promise.
So, now what? Is it all the gizmos and gadgets that really make or break it?
To be honest it can help. I was going to use a skate board for a dolly. Pfffft.... you can't do that silly. I was going to DIY a skater dolly. After the research, pricing, & labor I figured I'd be in about $60-$70 bucks. Then I looked at Cineskates. I loved it! downside was price and lack of expandable options. I then ran across the Pico Dolly. Base price $69 or so & it's expandable. I found it here http://photographyandcinema.com/
Or here-
Http://www.photojojo.com
I had heard about the dolly on
Http://www.chessycam.
So I'm stoked. I plan on also making a slider style track to use on apple boxes or tripod lifts. Making it more than a table top dolly.
I'm all about DIY but these affordable options are hard to beat for solid construction. I also plan on sharing my info and experiences in this amazing HDSLR world.
Mick

No comments:

Post a Comment